Student Registrations

Teresa Nickeson, District Registrar
Phone: 585-336-6743  Fax: 585-266-1556
e-mail: teresa_

Kindergarten Registration link

Welcome to the West Irondequoit Central School District. Information, regulations and forms to complete your child's registration are provided below.


The documents listed below are required at the time of registration. District documents
are available in .PDF format at the bottom of this page.

  • Birth Certificate / Baptism record / Passport / Other acceptable documentation
  • Proof of Residency (see requirements listed below)
  • Registration Data forms (3 page form)
  • Student Residency Questionnaire
  • Application for Transportation to and/or from a childcare provider (if applicable)
  • Application for Transportation for private/parochial school students (if applicable)
  • Athletic Eligibility Check for Transfer Students (grades 7-12 only)
  • Authorization to Release Information, if your child has attended a K-12 school prior to moving to West Irondequoit

Residency Requirements (all documents must show names and address):

1. Everyone is required to submit two of the following items, showing parent/guardian names and address:
  • Utility bills (e.g., RG&E, Spectrum, Frontier, water, refuse removal)
  • Bank statement
  • Payroll stub
  • Valid NYS driver's license with West Irondequoit address printed on front
2. Additional documents are required, depending on living situation, as listed below:
- one of the following showing names and address:
  • Mortgage deed or statement
  • Current Town of Irondequoit or West Irondequoit Central School District tax bill
  • Homeowner's insurance policy
- Current, signed lease with all occupants names listed along with the three proofs as listed above
- A signed lease and landlord's notarized letter with residents names listed
- Notarized "Shared Housing" affidavit (obtain from District Registrar) with the homeowner providing proof of residency and the items listed under the Homeowner section above and the applicant providing their own three proofs of residency listed in #1.

Other Situations:

Attending Private/Parochial or Charter School - If your child(ren) will be attending a private/parochial or charter school you are required to register with the district in order for the school to receive textbook, health and transportation services provided by West Irondequoit. Transportation will not be provided until your child is registered.

Custodial Issues - Children must attend school in the district where the parent with primary custody or educational custody resides. If there are no court documents outlining this agreement the district will need to be contacted and the appropriate affidavit completed and notarized prior to your registration appointment.

Custody changes - When a parent/guardian moves out of the family home (whether within or out of West Irondequoit) the district requires that documents be provided that indicate which parent/guardian now has physical or primary custody for educational purposes. If there are no formal documents this may be done through notarized affidavits available from the District Registrar.

Moves within West Irondequoit - All moves within the West Irondequoit CSD must be reported to the District Registrar and include the required documents as outlined in #1 & #2 above.